Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Friday Night Shenanigans

Fridays on a three day weekend taste so much sweeter than most. They are always great nights even if you are running errands and driving long distances. On this particular Friday, I got to spend a lot of time with Jason, see Amy, and my brothers got into town! Work was great because I got off a few hours early and I got to take a nap (the first one since I have been home from school). The events of the night included; taking Kate shopping, going to the Burbank Airport to pick up Tim (Amy's bf), and delivering him to Amy. She lives in Ridgecrest which is about 2 and a half hours from here. So, I offered my services and said that I would deliver him to her in Santa Clarita because that is a little less than half way for me. I, being a social person, did not want to go by myself so I asked Kate to go and she needed to go shopping first so it worked out really well; Tim's plane landed at 8:30 so we could go to the mall for a few hours. As I was planning my day out that morning, I realized that Jason was only going to be in town for a week and I had not seen him very much so I decided to ask him to come with me as well. So, the evening started with shopping for board shorts and bras (don't worry Jason was not present for the bra shopping). Then, we got to the airport early and I had time to circle the airport 5 times before Tim got out to the curb. After we picked him up, I headed for the on ramp to the 5 North, I realized after driving for a few minutes that I only knew where the on ramp for the 5 South was from the airport so I tried having Jason tell me where to go but that did not go over so well so I ended up driving around for at least 15 minutes until I decided that I was just going to go over to the mall and the AMC 16 movie theater and get on the freeway over there. So, needless to say Tim was a little worried about California Drives. We finally got to our meeting destination; none other than . As a first timer to California, it was a must on the to do list. So, we met Amy and their reunion was an awkward one. They had not seen each other in two months and this weekend was going to determine a lot. Well, it was getting kind of late and it had been raining on and off so I decided we better head back. The drive home was a good one. Kate fell asleep in the back and Jason and I had the chance to have a great talk. Once I got home I got to see my brothers! Yeah for long drives, good food, and best friends!

0 comments: