Thursday, August 21, 2008

I Would Just Like to say that I Love my Job!

I would just like to say that I love my job!! It is probably the best summer job anyone could have. I am a receptionist for an accounting firm and I love it. The people who work here are not your stereotypical accounts; they don't sit in silence and crunch numbers all day, they don't wear white dress shirts with pocket protectors, and most of them don't wear glasses, and they are definitely not nerdy. Yes, they love numbers and are kinda nerdy in that way but other than that they are funny, loud, outgoing, and energetic people. My job is party everyday. We get food brought in for lunch once a week, we often get cake just because we all want it, and we always have the freezer stocked with ice cream. And, yesterday we had a cupcake decorating party....how many of you can say you do that at your office? So, since I sit up front, I get all the mail and sign for all the packages. Thus, I get to see the packages that everyone gets. I love it when someone gets a package, It is like Christmas!! I usually take the box and run back to whoever its for and insist that they open it! I stand there and watch and I get so excited when they pull out the contents. I have seen a little of everything; shoes, wedding dresses, evening gowns, t-shirts, contacts, bathing suites, and even a drum stool. You name it and I have most likely seen it. hahaha well, the other day I had to come into work late and when I walked in there was a package on my desk. Naturally, I got excited and I picked up the box and started to walk to the back. I looked down and saw that the package was for me!! I was so shocked, I had not ordered anything! When I opened it, inside was a beautiful Tommy Hilfiger watch. All the interns were up at my desk watching my reaction, I knew they had something to do with this. One of them told me to call my boss' wife. So I did and it turns out that my boss and his wife bought it for me because they knew I loved it when people got packages and they thought it would be fun to send me something! How cute is that!! I freaking love the people I work for!

0 comments: